17 John Street

17 John Street was redeveloped by Metro Loft in 1998 from an office building into The Metro, 15-story, 121,000 square foot residential building with 111 apartments and a retail component. Originally coined the Tyler Building when it was built in 1920 by architects Clinton and Russel, The Metro is one of the first and finest examples of the residential revival in the Financial District. Among its many upscale amenities are a screening room and a roofdeck.